cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Objects not found when testing in different VMs

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

RE: Objects not found when testing in different VMs

Make sure the extension is still enabled also.

Chrome>Settings>Extensions>SmartBear TestComplete Extension 10.20.852 Enabled = true

''-Praise the sun and Give Kudos.''
Highlighted
Contributor

I have the following installed:

Chrome>Settings>Extensions
>SmartBear TestComplete extension 10.10.752 Enabled = True.
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi,

@Ryan, I see that Chrome extension v. 10.20 is installed on your computer. Can you check if TestComplete is able to recognize web objects on pages properly? I think it's not. There is a known issue that our Chrome extension was automatically updated. However, the extension isn't compatible with TestComplete 10.10. Reinstalling TestComplete should install the needed extension and solve the recognition issue. 

@Rachel, Could you please perform the following investigation steps to help us better understand what is going wrong on your machine:

1. Open TestComplete on both computers (the one where the test works, and the other one where the test fails).

3. Expand the object tree of your tested app to see more objects to demonstrate how TestComplete recognizes them.

4. Make a screenshot of the window.

5. Follow steps 2-4 on each computer and post the screenshots here.

---------
Tanya Gorbunova
SmartBear Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

"@Ryan, I see that Chrome extension v. 10.20"

Yes that's interesting. This extensions was upgraded on my machine, but I don't run automated tests on my local machine so I didn't notice. It was also not recognizing chrome objects properly. Despite my best efforts I could not force installation of the lesser version. What is very interesting about this is that only my machine was affected. Our designated Test Complete machine remains at the proper version.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Just in case anyone wanted to know. A full uninstall and reinstall of Test Complete did not reinstall the correct extension version. What I ended up having to do was remove all of google's local cache on my machine by removing the:

C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Local\Google

Directory.

Once this directory was gone Chrome reverted to it's initial state and had the proper Test Complete extension installed.

This may fix your issue as well Rachel.

Highlighted
Contributor

@Tanya. The project has never worked on my Windows environment (I abandoned this environment). The problem is now manifesting itself in Windows 2008 R8. I will attach a screen shot of the object browser as requested. Please note - I have raised a support call for this.
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Rachel,

Judging by the screenshot, Chrome 34 is installed on your computer. As far as I know, this browser version is still in the beta state. Thus, TestComplete doesn't support it. I suggest that you consider downgrading Chrome and apply settings to prevent Chrome from updating automatically.

@Ryan, good to know your overcome steps. 

Another workaround I know is, in addition to reinstalling TestComplete, you should try reinstalling Chrome. 

---------
Tanya Gorbunova
SmartBear Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Top Kudoed Authors