Forum Discussion

ulTam
Occasional Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

Object Spy is no longer able to identify a UI element which was being properly identified before.

I'm working with a Silverlight web app. We've already made the necessary preparations needed to support Silverlight controls. Just yesterday, I had no problem highlighting or identifying Silverlight UI elements using Object Spy. I was already able to map them and I've already created and ran several tests.

After I restarted my machine, all that Object Spy can identify are the main windows/panels. It is no longer able to identify child buttons, dropdowns, checkboxes, scroll bars, etc.

The tests are now failing because they are no longer able find the mapped objects.

How can I solve this? I don't remember making any changes to the settings/project properties.

• Are you using the same build or the build got changed? Did you try compiling the file with .xap extension and check?

2 Replies

sanjay0288
    Frequent Contributor

Are you using the same build or the build got changed? Did you try compiling the file with .xap extension and check?

ulTam
      Occasional Contributor

Build was the same. But I did try recompiling and it's working fine again. Odd.

I'll continue working with this and see if I encounter this issue again.

Thanks sanjay.