cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to get values from list view

Contributor

Not able to get values from list view

As attached, I have an object of type listview. I am able to navigate and click the cells of the list using Listview.ClickItem(x,y) but I am not able to get their values (text). I have tried below functions with no success (it returns blank)

Listview.witem(1)

Listview.wItem(i).GetText

Listview.wSelectedItems

10 REPLIES 10
Community Hero

Re: Not able to get values from list view

What does your name mapping show for the properties of those items?  Showing us a screenshot of the extended properties would help.

Contributor

I have attached the screenshot of all the properties (in 2 parts) I can see for that mapping. I guess there is not extended properties for that field.

Community Hero

I see that the Item Count has 4 items.  Can you map the items separately?

Contributor

How do I map the items seperately? object spy treats them as one object.

Also, the number of items would vary for each test iteration.

Community Hero

Contributor

"Failed to get the text of the list view item." is the error I get on trying wSelected or wItem(index).

Do I need to add some plugin that will read the value from list?

Community Hero

I don't know what you have set up and what you don't so it's hard to tell.  The instructions for setting up list view access are here:

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/app-objects/specific-tasks/standard/list-view/index....

Contributor

I have added the classname in object mapping of my project. This classname I got from objects properties.

Then I deleted and again added the mapping of the object using "add object" from testcomplete.

Then when i tried to get the text, it gave me  "failed to get the text of the list view item"

Community Hero

Well now I've asked twice if you've followed the actual instructions or not and still no answer.  

My next suggestions are these:

1) Work through the instructions at the link I posted in the last two replies.  TestComplete documentation is very good and they make it public so you can have a good reference.

2) If you still have a problem after working through the instructions, contact Support directly.  Here's the link:

https://support.smartbear.com/message/?prod=TestComplete

Good luck!