cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to execute test cases in test suite

Occasional Contributor

Not able to execute test cases in test suite

Hello !

I have an issue regarding running multiple tests in a suite. When I try to execute entire test suite it executes only 7 test cases (there are total 39 testcases). After executing 7 test cases it stops execution and gives the result.

Test complete version: 14.20.2175.7 x64

6 REPLIES 6
Staff

Re: Not able to execute test cases in test suite

Can you provide a snippet of the error you are getting and also have these tests run successfully on their own rather than in a testsuite?

Does it error out at the same test all the time and have you tried reordering the tests in the test suite?

Community Hero

Hi,

Also, check Test Items settings for your project. Does the one that stops test execution have Stop On Error or similair value been set?

Regards,
Alex
[Community Expert Group]
____
[Community Expert Group] members are not employed by SmartBear Software but
are just volunteers who have some experience with the tools by SmartBear Software
and a desire to help others. Postings made by [Community Expert Group] members
may differ from the official policies of SmartBear Software and should be treated
as the own private opinion of their authors and under no circumstances as an
official answer from SmartBear Software.
[Community Expert Group] signature is used with permission by SmartBear Software.
http://smartbear.com/forums/f83/t86934/community-experts/
================================
Community Manager

Hi @apurvak,

Please let us know if the issue still persists. We will be happy to help.

---------
Tanya Gorbunova
SmartBear Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others.↓↓↓↓↓
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

The issue is not yet resolved. 

Please find attached screenshots. TC_issue1.pngTC_issue2.png

Community Hero

Is it always the same script that it halts at? I see in this current run, you got through 6 tests. In your OP you mention it stops at 7 tests.  

What it sounds like is that you have something set up in your automation that is halting the automation at some point and in a way that doesn't actually log an error.  Interferering with an error or warning would be something in the OnLogError and OnLogWarning event handlers. 

Also, how are you launching your test run?  Are you running from TestComplete? Is this run as a TestExecute command line?  are you running from Jenkins or something else?

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available
Occasional Contributor

I tried to execute it using test complete and test execute as well but in both cases it halts at script no 6.

Regarding OnLogError and OnLogWarning event handlers it is set to Continue running

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Watch the new Interview
Top Kudoed Authors