Forum Discussion

hacka87
Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Navigating to a specific function in a script file TestComplete using CTRL-CLICK

Hello !

Regarding code navigation between functions located in different script files...

Is there something in the Test Complete setup to be changed for CTRL-Click to work in navigating between different functions in different scripts.

In my TestComplete instance this works.

In another instance CTRL-Click does not work.

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/reference/options/panels/code-editor/general.html

I have imported the functions necessary.

Regards,

• Right... that's what I meant.  In that different project, are you using "\\USEUNIT" or "import".  I think, technically, it should work either way but I believe that there may be some issue with some of the parsing with the "import" methodology.

7 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

It depends, somewhat, on how you are linking the files, I believe.  What code language are you writing your scripts in? Is the other instance running the exact same project you are or is this a different project?  

hacka87
      Contributor

The test scripts are written in JavaScript.

There is a project on which the navigation works.

There is a different project where the navigation does not work.

The configuration displayed in the attached image was made.

Best Regards,

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

Right... that's what I meant.  In that different project, are you using "\\USEUNIT" or "import".  I think, technically, it should work either way but I believe that there may be some issue with some of the parsing with the "import" methodology.