cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Namemapping check out on edit

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Namemapping check out on edit

How should I work with nameMappings if our testProject is stored in a source control system (TFS )?

My problem:
1. Changing the nameMappings

2. Forgetting to check out nameMapping manually (test complete does not offer to check out the nameMapping file first);

3. Checking in changes

4. Tests fail on another environment after getting the latest version with my check-in;

3 REPLIES
Community Hero

Re: Namemapping check out on edit

Do you have your project connected to TFS (Tools | Options | Source Control)? This will prompt for automatic checkout.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

I’ll be talking about “Hidden Treasures – TestComplete Script Extensions” at #SBConnect in October! Who’s joining me? Click here for tickets
Extensions available
Occasional Contributor

Sure I have.
ConnectedToTFS.PNG

Community Hero

And you're certain that the NameMapping.tcNM file is included in your source control?  It's possible that, for some reason, that file is not included in your source control in TFS and so, when you make changes, not only does it not check out... it doesn't check in.  

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

I’ll be talking about “Hidden Treasures – TestComplete Script Extensions” at #SBConnect in October! Who’s joining me? Click here for tickets
Extensions available
Watch a new Video
Top Kudoed Authors