Forum Discussion

vthomeschoolmom
Super Contributor
6 years ago

Name mapping with faster timeout or "disconnected" mode

I have objects in my web app that are the same-ish. Their children are the same but their properties are different depending on how they are accessed. For instance a "screen" is contained within a panel whose properties are different for inquiry vs update. I am trying to work in Name Mapping, editting the proprties of an item without it taking a really long time to find the desired (but not currently found) item and also allowing all the features like conditional mapping. Is this possible? Thanks

3 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Not really.  If the object is not currently existant in the system memory, there's not really a way of adding new properties to the object.

You can edit the property values for properties you already have defined, though, without the object being present.  If you have the component up, you can click on the ellipses on the property value to edit the property.

You can also copy/paste items within NameMapping so you can make a copy of a child object and paste it onto a different parent object.  That will bring over all the properties.  You can then make the property edits from there.  https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/testing-with/object-identification/name-mapping/how-to/copy.html

Vallalarasu_P
    Frequent Contributor

Use NameMapping.Object.Refresh & NameMapping.Object.RefreshMappingInfo for the code which is changing frequently. So the Object gets refresh to the current state and perform an Action on it.

tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor

Vallalarasu_P wrote:

Use NameMapping.Object.Refresh & NameMapping.Object.RefreshMappingInfo for the code which is changing frequently. So the Object gets refresh to the current state and perform an Action on it.

Wish I could thumbs down...  but this is not exactly a relevant answer.  vthomeschoolmom is trying to edit their NameMapping, not refresh the object try in runtime.