Forum Discussion

ml
Contributor
3 years ago

Name mapping of same object

Hello,

i´ve got a large suite with many many keywordtest and mapped objects. From time to time it happens, when we are updating stuff on our software, that Testcomplete isnt finding previously mapped objects. When i identify the used object ("Object") TestComplete maps it new to "Object2". Why TestComplete is doing that? Why it cant recognize that its the same object? Is it possible to auto remap our software so that TestComplete updates objects and name mapping data automatically?

4 Replies

jr348
    Contributor

Where possible avoid "extended find".  We had lots of cases of that and its been resolved since we've static mapped everything especially the top-level objects.  With "extended find" other objects may be a better match than the one you have mapped and TestComplete will use that instead. 

We also disabled the self healing option as TC as it was too easy to select the wrong elements to make its fixes.

Static mapping makes fixing much easier when things do break. 

We only use extended find for very low level objects in the tree and where there is no possibility of another similar object being identified by mistake.  In these case we have used parent and "required children" to improve the identification.

Another option is the IntelligentQuality module and use OCR actions and checkpoints.  We have a suite that uses this.

ml
      Contributor

Thanks for this quick reply, i will try 

abishekhari007
        Champion Level 0

Try extended find functionality or you may need to add wildcards to the changing property

eg - an object ABCD is having index property as 1, change that index property with wildcard (?*)