cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Name mapping file not found. Please help as I am totally blocked.

SOLVED
Frequent Contributor

Re: Name mapping file not found. Please help as I am totally blocked.

FolderStructure1.pngFolderStructure2.png

Community Hero

Do you have backups or source control?  If NameMapping USED to be there and isn't now, somehow it got removed.  You may need to restore from some sort of backup at this time.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available
Frequent Contributor

I added the name mapping file which I had sent to Smartbear which was an older version. Still I need to add all the updates that i did after that date. It is atime consuminga nd painfull process. Moving forward please advice me how to take aback up and where do I take it?

Thanks for your patience and help

Community Hero

Just simply back up the file... either using a source control tool like GIT or TFS or by actually backing up the file using a backup utility on the machine.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available
Frequent Contributor

We have TFS but I do not know how to back it up with TFS?

Community Manager

Hi @saranoor,

I see that the Support Team helped you resolve the issue on a call. Do you mind sharing the solution with us? It may help other community members.

---------
Tanya Gorbunova
SmartBear Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others.↓↓↓↓↓
Frequent Contributor

I had to use the older version of name ampping file that was saved in a different location.

Now we have a Git Repo for QA to save the Test complete files with versioning through TFS. Thsi will save the name mapping file with dates and will have versions.

View solution in original post

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Watch the new Interview
Top Kudoed Authors