Forum Discussion

joe_2
Contributor
11 years ago

My manual checkpoint is hidden

I have a test with manual checkpoints.

The checkpoints always pop-up their box underneath the application I'm testing.

From the point of view of the person running the test, it just appears that all action has stopped.

I made a push notification, telling the user that they need to click on the TestComplete Icon at this point, because that brings the dialog to the front, but this is not a satisfactory solution.

I need the checkpoint dialog to be always on top, but can't find a control that will let me specify that.

Is it possible?  Or is this something I'll have to live with?

2 Replies

• Hi Joseph.

I tried and found that using user forms and custom scripts brings dialog window on top of screen without extra tricks. I don't know why this feature does not work for "built-in" manual checkpoints.

Just create your own manual checkpoint (form itself and supporting function in scripts) and implement it in your tests.

Regards,

Andrey.
  • Figured it out, kind of... that is the problem is gone, but I don't know why.

I was using the manual checkpoint keyword (Same icon as Call Object Method)

What I needed to do was call the manual checkpoint from within a script, and then use the script call keyword.

Once I made that change, for some reason, the dialog box now appears on top every time.

Don't understand why that would be different, but there you have it.