Forum Discussion

contacteswart
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

My Test Complete is very slow/hangs out frequently

Hello All

My Test Complete is very slow or Hangs out frequently since this morning. I tried cleaning up Cache, History, Re-booting my machine. Nothing worked out.

Version: 12.50.4142.7 x64

Test: Using Keyword driven testing

Do I need to do any clean up from Test Complete side as well?

Any setting updates will help?

Let me know if you need other information to look into this matter

Thanks

eswara v

tristaanogre
    6 years ago

Question:

In Tools -> Options -> Engines -> NameMapping, there is a checkbox "Use extended find when possible"... is that checked?

The reason I ask is that, as you are working with mapped objects, Extended Find, a good feature, does add an overhead of searching for objects.  And, if the objects are deeply layered in, this can add significant overhead.  My recommendation is to turn that option off and only activate Extended Find on mapped objects as needed.

Now, if this is the case, the solution is not a quick one... it means going through and mapping additional objects by hand... you will need to add the missing ancestor objects to the Mapped Objects section of your NameMapping for all objects that have the Extended Find flag checked.  In my experience, this is the best solution for the problem you're experiencing.

4 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

What are you attempting to do when you experience the hang or slow down?  That will dictate the best course of action for giving you direction to correct.

contacteswart
      Occasional Contributor

Hello Robert

I am trying to find out Object properties, and want to Highlight couple of objects in Web page which were failing during Test Run.

No additional activity I am doing apart from normal recording and play of my web site work flow.

I do these day in day out which didn't give me problem in the past

Thanks

Eswara V

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

Question:

In Tools -> Options -> Engines -> NameMapping, there is a checkbox "Use extended find when possible"... is that checked?

The reason I ask is that, as you are working with mapped objects, Extended Find, a good feature, does add an overhead of searching for objects.  And, if the objects are deeply layered in, this can add significant overhead.  My recommendation is to turn that option off and only activate Extended Find on mapped objects as needed.

Now, if this is the case, the solution is not a quick one... it means going through and mapping additional objects by hand... you will need to add the missing ancestor objects to the Mapped Objects section of your NameMapping for all objects that have the Extended Find flag checked.  In my experience, this is the best solution for the problem you're experiencing.