Forum Discussion

gdave
Regular Contributor
7 years ago

Multiple Objects

Hi all

I am using TC Version 12.20.1005.7 and primarily rely on keyword based test.

My application under test is written in Delphi however the screen I am working on is a closed application therefore Test Complete  cannot read/identify the grid rows content and column header. Due to some constraints we are unable to compile delphi application with Debug information so going this route is completely ruled out. Please refer to the attached screenshot for better understanding of my application under test.

My query : I simply want test complete to click a row with Tran Type 'SWEP' which has Status 'Completed'. I am really struggling with this at the moment. Is there any alternative way of achieving this ?

Your help will be much appreciated.

2 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Your Delphi application is still considered to be "open". (https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/app-testing/desktop/delphi/accessing-native-members.html) Basically, you have access to all published properties of your component.  In many cases, this is usually sufficient to be able to do most operations.  

In order to help us help you better, could you post a screenshot of the all the object properties and methods available to TestComplete for your grid component?

In the meantime, take a look at https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/app-objects/specific-tasks/grids/index.html as this walks you through a lot of the basics for working with grids.  Again, a Delphi application, by default, is "Open" already so unless there's something unusual about your grid, these techniques should work for you.

gdave
      Regular Contributor

Hi Tristaanogre

Thank you for looking into the matter.

I have attached the screenshot of properties & methods for your reference.

I did tried using rows & columns method but I get the below message:

Error: Error
      An error occurred.
      Possible reasons:
      1. The application stopped responding.
      2. The application was compiled incorrectly (see the Open Applications topic in the help system).
      3. An error occurred in TestComplete/TestExecute.

Technical information:
      97 0x80020006 (Unknown name.) Levels.

However once you have reviewed the properties & methods of my grid I'll await further instruction from you. Thanks

Regards

Gaurav