Forum Discussion

Ravik
Super Contributor
8 years ago

Maximum limit of projects in TC Project suite?

Hi Guys,

I know silly question but still I wanted to know, Could you please help me to find out below details -

1- How many projects we can add under a Project Suite ?

2- How many TestScript unit or Keyword Test we can add in a project ?

7 Replies

HKosova
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

There is no hard limit, it depends on your computer hardware resources. Just use the common sense.

There are some common ways to improve performance, such as: disable Visualizer, disable unused plugins, reduce the number of log messages, optimize Name Mapping/Aliases, and so on. Check these links for more tips:
    https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/working-with/best-practices/tips.html
    https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/working-with/best-practices/performance-tips.html

Ravik
      Super Contributor

HKosova 

Here I don't have any problem with the performance and all about the TC, We have already taking care of all those think,

it is just for curiosity. what is the limit of the project, script unit or keyword test we can add in TC. :)  

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

As stated, Ravik, the only limitation is hardware, really... drive space, memory, and processor capacity.  Generally, if a project seems to be suffering from performance, it's a good bet to split it out into multiple projects.  I don't know if anyone has done any scope measurements to say, "Given X drive space and Y Memory and with Z Processor, this is how big a project can be."  I can't see how such would help because 10 Keyword tests of 50 lines each might act differently than 50 keyword tests of 10 lines each.  As mentioned... use common sense and tweak as necessary.

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

To my understanding, both numbers can be pretty high.

But you should consider that TestComplete loads all projects and script contents (along with information about objects in the tested application and som other things) into memory and performs a kind of 'precompilation' when opening test suite. So you may just got a high memory load (which may result in runtime slowness and low-memory-related problems) and high project open and test start time if you exceed some empirical limit specific to your given environment.