Forum Discussion

tcsalex
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago

Mapped Object Name

Hi,

I am trying to automate the windows application. Initially, I mapped object names for all the objects and created script too. If I close on open the application, only parent objects are mapped and child objects are not mapped.  How can i resolve this?

3 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

I'm not sure I'm understanding the question.  Do you already have things mapped?  Or are you still trying to map something?  you said that you ahave all objects mapped but only parent objects are mapped.  So, I'm confused as to what your actual problem is.

tcsalex
      Occasional Contributor

Let me re-frame i...

Launched my application and mapped name for all the objects.

Created a JavaScript for the test case.

Now I closed my application

Launched the application again. 

Now if I see the names in the object browser, only parent objects are mapped and whatever mapped by myself is not available. Again I am mapping and moreover, objects panels are getting changed every time. 

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

OK, gotcha...

What it sounds like is that the child objects you have previously mapped, in the properties you've chosen for mapping, there is dynamic information.  The ID's are different or some text string is different or something.  This is actually not unusual.  Many applications build child components "on the fly" and so there's a lot of variability in the component properties.  You have two things you can do:

1) Examine the mapping you have for the child objects and see if you can find some combination of properties that will identify the object that does not change from run to run OR

2) Use some wildcards (*) in your mapping properties to replace some of the strings with the wildcard to allow for the dynamic information.

Without knowing the specifics of your application, the properties being used, etc., I can't be more specific than that.