Forum Discussion

Antonio_Haynes
Contributor
11 years ago

Mapped Name Exist? Via Code

Hello,

I am wondering if there is any way to see if a name exists already in the NameMapping item via javascript. I am trying to create a generic function to map child items on webpages from a parent object's mapped name. 

Thanks!

3 Replies

karkadil
    Valued Contributor
    I'm not sure, but try using method aqObject.IsSupported
  • So, Thanks for your response! Very helpful, however as I was looking at the intellisense for your suggested solution I realize that I already know the full name of the object and with that I can check wether that object has a mapped name. The problem still becomes in my mind, that I need to know wether the name I'm trying to use to map the current object has been used for any other object in the NameMapping item. I will continue to try and work with your suggestion. I really almost need a way to itterate through all mapped objects in the NameMapping file to run a check against all mapped objects, this could also prove useful for itterating through all the objects that get mapped to try and further map any child object that those objects may have. Also with the ability to itterate through all mapped objects comes the ability to update those NameMappings as a maintanace script, I think.

Thanks again!!!