Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manually creating image comparsion mask

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor

Manually creating image comparsion mask

Hello,

i followed the instructions here but when i try to load the created mask (monochrome bitmap created with paint) a error message ("no black/white image" as you can see on the attached screenshot) came up. I don´t see where the failure should be.

Screenshots:

1. creating the mask

2. the error message

viva la software ergonomica!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Manually creating image comparsion mask

Okay, i found out how it should be created but its a bit strange.

At first i make a new image, then i click on the edit button and paint will open the image. I fill a area with white and the rest with black. Now i have to save it as monochrome bitmap (2 colors). At this point i guess the mask should work - but thats not so - the error from above appears. I have to click a secound time on the edit button and now the image is opened with paint.net - i save it again as .bmp (256 colors) - and now it works as a mask. 

It´s a bit strange and i dont understand these steps - but it works.

Maybe someone can help me figuring out whats happening there, and i or we can make a feature request to make the manual mask creation easier. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Manually creating image comparsion mask

Okay, i found out how it should be created but its a bit strange.

At first i make a new image, then i click on the edit button and paint will open the image. I fill a area with white and the rest with black. Now i have to save it as monochrome bitmap (2 colors). At this point i guess the mask should work - but thats not so - the error from above appears. I have to click a secound time on the edit button and now the image is opened with paint.net - i save it again as .bmp (256 colors) - and now it works as a mask. 

It´s a bit strange and i dont understand these steps - but it works.

Maybe someone can help me figuring out whats happening there, and i or we can make a feature request to make the manual mask creation easier. 

View solution in original post

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Join TechCorner Challenge!
Want a fun and easy way to learn TestComplete? Try solving weekly TechCorner challenges and get into the Leaderboard!

Challenge Status

Changing options from outside of TestComplete

Participate!

How to execute remote test and obtain results via Test Runner REST API

Participate!

Comparing content of HTML table with Excel file data

Participate!

Compare HTML table with Excel file and correct data in the file

Participate!
Top Kudoed Authors