Forum Discussion

jaibabu
New Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

Magic application controls are referred by its Container

Hi,

I had a magic application, which i had tested using TestComplete Keyword test. After recording if i see the recorded test, the Magic controls are referred by its container with coordinates (x, y) but not referred by its control name. If this is the case, then how can i access these magic controls through Script (Jscript) code. If i pass the container object to script through "Run Routine" parameter (by Name Mapping list), we cannot get the value of that control.

Attached are the screenshot of the recorded test and the Magic eDeveloper application page where the keyword test has been recorded.

Thanks

Jaibabu.J

• Hi Jaibabu,

I don’t see Magic controls in the list of supported ones. I recommend that you refer to the What If My Control Is Not Supported? section of this article. It describes the approaches you can use to test your control.

2 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Jaibabu,

I don’t see Magic controls in the list of supported ones. I recommend that you refer to the What If My Control Is Not Supported? section of this article. It describes the approaches you can use to test your control.

jaibabu
      New Contributor

Hi Tanya Gorbunova,

I will go through the link  and try to implement it for my sample test to recognize the Magic Controls. In the meantime, if there are any other possible ways to access the Magic Controls, please let me know.

Thanks

Jaibabu.J