Forum Discussion

loka
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

MHT files can't be opened in IE9!

Hej

I am using the following:

- TestComplete8 (to generate my test)

- TestExecute8 (to run my test on another PC)

- Internet Explorer9 SP1

- Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit

I have an isuue viewing my results (.mht files) from TestExecute. IE starts with an empty page

Can you tell me what the cause for this error?

Thank you

Kind regards

Louay

8 Replies

Julia_K
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hello Louay,

Your issue may be caused by Internet Explorer security settings.

Please follow the instructions below:

1. In Internet Explorer 9, open the Tools | Internet Options dialog.

2. Switch to the Security page and select the Local intranet zone.

3. Set its security level to Low.

4. Apply the changes and check whether the TestExecute MHT logs are displayed by Internet Explorer correctly.

Please let us know if this does not help.

Thank you.

loka
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi agian

unfortunatly setting security level to low didn't help (I tried it again).

I have one month old mht and that can be opened in ie9 without a problem, but not the new ones :(

is there any setting in TestComplete that I have unintentionaly changed ..perhaps

I can send you a copy of mht that I can open and another one that I Can not open

tcResults17.mht is from 16Jan and I can view it

tcResults4.mht is from 17Jan and I can  NOT view it

"I have disabled Visualiser in my recording" But I believe that shouldn't be the reason

Thank you

Kind regards

Louay

Julia_K
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Louay,

Thank you for the MHT logs.

The web browser seems to show your MHT logs incorrectly as the aqds.js file is missing (by default, the file is located in the <TestExecute>\Bin\Extensions\Export.Files folder). Perhaps, it was deleted or corrupted.

Reinstalling TestExecute in the Repair mode should fix the problem.

Please let us know if this does not help.

Thank you.

loka
    Occasional Contributor
    Thanks it works now :)

At least with the new generated test results not the old ones.I hope my license is still active

cheers

Louay

SALVETA
    New Contributor

Hi, I also got the problem that i cannot open mht files in explorer anymore, this started with a security update from Windows Update.

If I download the file I can open it, but not over the web even if the security settings are set to lowest.

Another problem is that a file contains too many screenshots so the file gets

really large, the mht file from tonight’s testing was 2,56 GB!! When a property

is not found, a screenshot is taken then it's looked for again and again and

the images piles up (see image).

Any help on these matters would be really appreciated.

mp
    Occasional Contributor
    hi there,

is there any chance those mht files will be made viewable by anything other than IE ?
    i have not found any way of viewing them on a non-windows system, e.g with firefox and add-ons like unmht or "mozilla archive format", with opera, google chrome, chromium....

the closest i got was installing "mozilla archive format" with firefox, but there it only displays the navigation menu on the left, but the actual keyword logs panel to the right just shows a "Loading..." message, but never loading anything.

since we use those mht files a lot and depend on them being viewed on any system, please advise what other solutions there are.

thanks and best regards
    martin
  • You can try to export log to unpacked storage at the end of your test into some folder:

Log.SaveResultsAs("C:/Results", lsHTML)

It will create the same log as in MHT, but not packed into one file. Then you can see it by opening index.htm file in any web browser.

See this article for more information: Exporting Test Results
      mgroen2
      Super Contributor

Is there any way to open the MHT file in Chrome?