cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a way to add logic to script so I can break up the 1 "Log Item" into multiple Log Items

SOLVED
Occasional Contributor

Looking for a way to add logic to script so I can break up the 1 "Log Item" into multiple Log Items

Hi,

I have a large script that returns a lot messages once ran in 1 Log Item. I am looking for a way to add logic to break up the 1 Log Item that is generated by running the script.

Currently, if it fails that 1 log item will show a failure then I have to scroll through the Test Log to find the error.

At the very least it would be great to have the errors that occur in the Test Log to have their own Log Item so I can just jump to them.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Staff

Re: Looking for a way to add logic to script so I can break up the 1 "Log Item" into multi

i think you may be looking for log.appendfolder and log.popfolder operations

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/reference/project-objects/test-log/log/appendfolder....

where you can segment log messages from groups of actions into a single folder that can be expanded/closed

hkim5_0-1605650702229.png

hkim5_1-1605650714783.png

Best,
Justin Kim

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Community Hero

Re: Looking for a way to add logic to script so I can break up the 1 "Log Item" into multi

In the UI you can change your view of the log with the checkboxes at the top

all boxes

Marsha_R_0-1605639440212.png

just errors

Marsha_R_0-1605639298975.png

Occasional Contributor

The way I have the messages printing out that is not a great solution.

Community Hero

If you give us more details then we can give you better information.  Otherwise, you get our best guesses.  

Staff

i think you may be looking for log.appendfolder and log.popfolder operations

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/reference/project-objects/test-log/log/appendfolder....

where you can segment log messages from groups of actions into a single folder that can be expanded/closed

hkim5_0-1605650702229.png

hkim5_1-1605650714783.png

Best,
Justin Kim

View solution in original post

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Top Kudoed Authors