Forum Discussion

kittyiv
New Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

Looking for POC or Eval Samples for TestComplete

We are looking at doing a POC on TestComplete. I have been asked to create the POC Plan. I thought rather than re-creating the wheel, I would see if there were any users in the community that have POC'd TestComplete? If so, would you be willing to share your POC Plan so that I can get an idea of what I should be thinking about?  It would be nice if SmartBear shared customer POC results so that we could all learn from them given the POC's are free of private company information.  I'm just looking for a good format with general idea's of what to test out and how to score the results.

Thanks!

• Truthfully, a POC is taylored a lot to your organizational needs.  You should design and plan around, perhaps, the following:

1) Does TestComplete work for automating the types of applications we develop?

2) Does TestComplete work well for automating applications developed using our platform (Delphi, MVC, .NET, etc)?

3) Does TestComplete provide the output reporting we require?

4) Does TestComplete support the types of workflows we require?

You can get all sorts of stuff about the specifics of the TestComplete feature set from the documentation and sales literature.  But a POC is, truthfully, "Does it work for US in OUR specific situation?"  And the only person who can write that kind of document is you.

4 Replies

Vallalarasu_P
    Frequent Contributor

For POC on any tool, I follow the below steps.

1. Do a recording using the tool

2. Identify the application objects using Object Spy

3. Idenfity the Dynamic Objects and Try to handle

4. Identify few complex scenarios and try to automate

5. Show a demo on Simple flow of the application by automation using the tool

kittyiv
      New Contributor

Okay. Thanks!

I was thinking a POC was a bit more than that. Like an Excel spreadsheet with a list of scenarios and a worksheet for each scenario with steps to complete to verify that the tool does what you expect or need.  I could probably build something like that out of your response.

Thanks!

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

Truthfully, a POC is taylored a lot to your organizational needs.  You should design and plan around, perhaps, the following:

1) Does TestComplete work for automating the types of applications we develop?

2) Does TestComplete work well for automating applications developed using our platform (Delphi, MVC, .NET, etc)?

3) Does TestComplete provide the output reporting we require?

4) Does TestComplete support the types of workflows we require?

You can get all sorts of stuff about the specifics of the TestComplete feature set from the documentation and sales literature.  But a POC is, truthfully, "Does it work for US in OUR specific situation?"  And the only person who can write that kind of document is you.