Forum Discussion

cmccarty
New Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Keyword Test recorded step screenshots incorrectly assigned

So I have a keyword test, which I initially created by manually inserting some steps from a previous test and then added new steps using the "append to test" button to record some actions.  However, once those steps were processed, the screenshots that were automatically recorded for each step were assigned to the wrong actions.  Two of the screenshots were assigned to some of the the manual steps I had created, and all the rest were thus off by two:

As you can see, the bottom two have no screenshots at all, and the manual log and return step have screenshots for some reason.

I have two questions:

1 - What might be done to avoid this issue in the future?
2 - Now that the steps are already recorded, is there a way to manually associate a screenshot with a step?  It seems like there ought to be a way to manually associate screenshots, but if so I haven't found it yet.  

Any guidance would be appreciated.

• Those screenshots are from the Visualizer of TestComplete.  Basically, they are added to your project either on the intial recording OR on the playback OR both.  And you can configure how they get updated.

Go to Tools | Current Project Properties | Visualizer.  There's an option at the bottom  that says "Update" that, if you check it, will allows the screenshots to be updated and/or replaced during a playback.

3 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

Did you try running it again?  Does the screenshot problem happen every time? 

tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor

Those screenshots are from the Visualizer of TestComplete.  Basically, they are added to your project either on the intial recording OR on the playback OR both.  And you can configure how they get updated.

Go to Tools | Current Project Properties | Visualizer.  There's an option at the bottom  that says "Update" that, if you check it, will allows the screenshots to be updated and/or replaced during a playback.

cmccarty
        New Contributor

Awesome, that auto-update setting did the trick!  (and as a bonus that showed me how to capture more properties during the recording, which is neat.)  Thanks a lot!