Forum Discussion

14 years ago

Keyword Test Parameters Issue.

When I add a new parameter in my keyword test, it is not reflected in the list of parameters from where it is being called.

For example:

There are two keyword tests: ABC and DEF

DEF has two parameters:

1. Length

2. Width

ABC calls DEF by using "Run Keyword Test" Item and passes values to Parameters Length and Width.

Now when I add a new Parameter 'Height' to DEF, it does not appear in the list of parameters of "Run Keyword Test" Item in Keyword Test ABC.

But Height appears when i again link "Run Keyword Test" Item to DEF. Then the Problem is i need to specify the values of Length and Width too.

Which is ok in small number of parameters but will be very hectic to update when there are many of them.

Please Help!!!

3 Replies

• Hi Tanmay,

Now when I add a new Parameter 'Height' to DEF, it does not appear in the list of parameters of "Run Keyword Test" Item in Keyword Test ABC.

After you've added a new parameter, open 'ABC' in the 'Keyword Test' editor, click twice (or click once and press 'F2') the 'Value' column for the 'Run Keyword Test' operation - the ellipsis button will appear. Click the ellipsis button - you'll be prompted: "DEF expects a different number of parameters. Update information?". Click 'Yes'. After that, if you click the ellipsis button again, you'll see the newly added parameter. In this case, you specify the value only for the new parameter - you won't have to specify values for the other parameters anew.

Kaloyan
      Occasional Contributor

Hi Guys :)
      I am wondering if I use keyword test DEF not in one place (ABC) but in lets say 55 or 155 places. It would be huge waste of time to go over all of them and double click and update all of them. Not to mention that i can forgot some of them :(
      Is there some way that i can update all places where DEF is used simultaneously. Otherwise big problems can arise in really big project.

Thank you very much in advance for your help and effort!

Kind Regards 
      ATQE Kaloyan Chipilev