Forum Discussion

HGB
New Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

Keyword Editor shows disabled statements in bigger Letters

In a new installed TestComplete (14.3) Keyword Editor shows Disabled Statements and Comments in much bigger letters than other statements (see screenshot).

On an other System i did an Upgrade (14.2 --> 14.3)  and all statements are shown with identical letter-size.

I tried setting export import from old to new system, but it did not help.
Is there a facility to define letter-size for different statements?

George

sonya_m
    5 years ago

Thank you tristaanogre! 

Hi HGB , I’d recommend creating a support case regarding this issue. Our support team will look into this situation deeper and perhaps they can give you a solution. 

4 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Check your DPI settings on your system and make sure it's at 100% and not some odd setting.  Scaling and such sometimes has effects like this on TestComplete

HGB
      New Contributor

First TestComplete Version 12.42 does not show this behavior on the same machine.

This is an virtual Machine, I only connect via RDP, therefore I can't check or change scaling .
      But scaling should not be "exotic", there are hundreds of identical Systems in use in our company.

(And the service provider for all our virtual systems is not even telling me the setup-values,

there is no problem with Microsoft-Applictions.

On the other physical machine I tried different scalings 100, 125, 150%.
      There Keyword Editor appearance is always fine - regardless the chosen scaling.

So the appearance problem might be releated to "virtual system" settings, but I really cant check.

George

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

Let me put it this way:

Generally speaking, this is not a universal problem.  I'm not experiencing it with 14.3 and neither are others.  Therefore, it seems that this is an environmental thing with your particular set up.  Whether or not it is something that SmartBear needs to correct, we still need to troubleshoot to figure out WHAT about your environment is different so that SmartBear will be able to effect a solution.

It sounds like you've verified that it's something specific to your particular VM environment vs your other environments.  So, it's a matter of figuring out what.