cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira 8 Support for TestComplete and Zephyr

SOLVED
New Contributor

Jira 8 Support for TestComplete and Zephyr

Does TestComplete suppot the use of the Zephyr for Jira plugin from a Jira 8.3 instance?  I am trying to connect from a local install of TestComplete to my Jira instance which has the Zephyr plugin intsalled.  I am able to validate my connection however when I click the elipse next to Project the list comes back empty.  I cannot find anything in the TestComplete documentation to indicate what might be the problem, the only requirement I seem to be missing is that we are using Jira 8.3 and TestComplete only lists support up to 7.13.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
New Contributor

Re: Jira 8 Support for TestComplete and Zephyr

Yes we were able to resolve the issue.  It looks like the underlying problem was that we had renamed the default Zephyr issue type in Jira.  The default issue type was called "Test" however we had renamed it to "Zephyr Test".  We were able to correct it by modifying the TestComplete project .mds file following these instructions:

1. Open your project file (*.mds) manually with any text editor (e.g. Notepad).
2. Then find the following section there:
<setting name="ZFJ_TestIssueTypeName" type="5" value="Test" />
3. After this, replace "Test" with "Zephyr Test".

This corrected the issue for us.  We are using Jira version 8.3.3, Zephyr for Jira plugin version 5.3.0.53008263 and TestComplete version 14.20.2175.7 x64.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Community Hero

That's a question for Support.  You can contact them directly here:

https://support.smartbear.com/message/?prod=TestComplete

Community Manager

Hi @Darv72,

Let me quote the Integration With Zephyr for Jira article:

Requirements

Atlassian Jira
  • Jira Server 7.2.x–7.13.x

– or –

Jira Data Center 7.2.x–7.13.x

– or –

Jira Cloud

So, it looks like, Jira 8 isn't supported at the moment.

---------
Tanya Gorbunova
SmartBear Community Manager

Join the annual community event and share your stories to win gifts
Wintertainment2019

Hello! When using version Jira Server 7.3.3, the problem is similar. The connection is successful, but the list of projects is empty.

ListProjects.jpg

Community Hero

@dimonix91 wrote:

Hello! When using version Jira Server 7.3.3, the problem is similar. The connection is successful, but the list of projects is empty.

ListProjects.jpg

Right.  Because the highest version supported is a 7.2.x version.  

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available
New Contributor

The documentation says that it supports version 7.2.X to 7.13.X

Jira 7.3.3 falls within this range so should be supported https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/working-with/integration/zephyr/index.html

Community Hero

@Darv72 Look again.  version 7.2.X to 7.13.X  says highest version is 7.2.X   That range does not include 7.3.3

New Contributor

are you saying that version "dot three" is not between the range of "dot two" to "dot thirteen"?

Community Hero

I don't believe that's how they are reading the numbers, but again, best bet is to check with Support.

Community Hero

Hrm... did you go through all the configurations and requirements for Jira/Zephyr support?  It seems you may not have something correct somewhere.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available