cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jenkins - how to run a item test group

SOLVED
Occasional Contributor

Jenkins - how to run a item test group

I'm using jenkins with the testcomplete plugin and i'm trying to execute a group of tests (GroupC).

i've used the information provided in this link https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/working-with/integration/jenkins/running-tests.html

but it is not working, i've tried using folders and empty test items as a group organizer.

This is the return error message: "Unable to create a project item of the 'Script Unit' type, because the specified file does not exist."

TestGroups.JPGtest itemsjenkins.JPGjenkins configuration

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: Jenkins - how to run a item test group

Hi @S_Leonardo,

Perhaps, it's worth adding "ProjectTestItem" before GroupC in the Test name field.

Also, please try using the command line parameters to call a group of test items instead of this option.

/project:"Matrix"  /test:"GroupC"

You can specify the parameters under the Advanced settings.

Does it work?

---------
Tanya Gorbunova
SmartBear Community Manager

Join SmartBear Connect next April in Boston to meet with software development, API and testing experts from around the world! Get your ticket today!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Hero

Perhaps you need to further specify the location of your .pjs file.

Community Manager

Hi @S_Leonardo,

Perhaps, it's worth adding "ProjectTestItem" before GroupC in the Test name field.

Also, please try using the command line parameters to call a group of test items instead of this option.

/project:"Matrix"  /test:"GroupC"

You can specify the parameters under the Advanced settings.

Does it work?

---------
Tanya Gorbunova

Join SmartBear Connect next April in Boston to meet with software development, API and testing experts from around the world! Get your ticket today!

View solution in original post

Community Manager

Hi @S_Leonardo,

Did you have a chance to check the previous suggestion? What was the result?

---------
Tanya Gorbunova