Forum Discussion

Nikolayev
Contributor
4 years ago

Jenkins Jobs and Code Source Management with GIT - G drive

Hi everyone ,
Is someone can help about Code Source Managemement in my Jenkins / TestComplete jobs that are running on a windows server 2016 ?

We (our team) are about to add a GIT Code source Management on our Jenkins Jobs.
We set the "TestComplete Service 14" requiered for Jenkins. -> Running fine.

We test adding a GIT Code source Management and see that Jenkins use a G Drive for that.

In my project , I use parameters that are set to run for D Drive.

By this way our Test can launch other objects like powershell commands.

- I have no G drive on my computer

- I create my test with the D drive. 

So we are wondering how to go further and manage this ?

We have some ideas of solutions and wants to find the good way  before going further  :

- Should we have to do a .ini file with different Settings ? ...if running with D or G ?
- adding a G drive on my computer ,  ....   it's seems strange for me to do that.

Maybe there are others way to do .... ?
asking you to have the best practice for this.

Thanks you for helps

Regards.

Nicolas

9 Replies

Nikolayev
      Contributor

Thank you  sonya_m  

Edit :

In my project , I use parameters that are set to run for D Drive.By this way I launch other objects like powershell commands.

Instead of :

I have lots of drives in my project parameters are set to run on the D Drive.

Wamboo
        Community Hero

Hi,

"We test adding a GIT Code source Management and see that Jenkins use a G Drive for that"

How do you add this repository?

Do you add it to a specific pipeline?

With a GUI or a script?

If I remember correctly, it is where I give the full path of the repository address, so you can have a repo on any address?

Jenkins does not use the GUI repository rigidly... then it would not be possible to have the repository on an external URL.