Forum Discussion

vthomeschoolmom
Super Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

JavaScriopt format script extension install

I do believe I am doing something wrong, potentially dumb even. :)

https://community.smartbear.com/t5/TestComplete-Functional-Web/How-to-format-jscript-code-in-Test-Complete-IDE/td-p/63411

I had previously had this extension installed. I had to uninstall TC for a support case that was being worked on. I came to the referenced handy dandy thread. I took the zip and changed the file extension to tcx as I understood the instructions. I double clicked on the file. I chose the default desintation (see photo attached). 

I opened TC since it was closed when I did the above. I do not see the icon for this extension that I had before when the code editor is open. I checked the Install Script Extension window and do not see it in the list of available extensions. I went to Tools | Options | Engines |Script Extensions and added that folder location...

SOmeone please point me to what I am doing wrong? Thanks

tristaanogre
    5 years ago

With the extension installed, this is what I see.

10 Replies

tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor

It's not an obvious problem but a simple one.

If you open that zip file you got, you see it contains, not the files directly, but a folder that contains the files.  Extract those files, create a NEW ZIP file containng ONLY the files outside of the internal folder, change the extension... voila.

vthomeschoolmom
        Super Contributor

Ahhhhhhh that is what you meant in the other thread. Well, I am closer. I see the extension in the install screen (attached). Still no icon with code editor open. Thanks Robert!