Forum Discussion

redsgt
Occasional Contributor
14 years ago

Janus GridEX v.3

I have a grid object:

Sys["Process"]("foobar")["WinFormsObject"]("MainForm")["WinFormsObject"]("MdiClient", "")["WinFormsObject"]("BestPrice")["WinFormsObject"]("Gridex1")

I can get to the ["DataSource"] child object, but any descendant deeper than that and I get an "Object required" exception when I run the script.

So,

foo = Sys["Process"]("foobar")["WinFormsObject"]("MainForm")["WinFormsObject"]("MdiClient", "")["WinFormsObject"]("BestPrice")["WinFormsObject"]("Gridex1")["DataSource"];

works, but if I add

bar = foo["Rows"]["Count"];

"bar" returns the exception "Object required" when I try to store it to a variable, even though I can get to it using the object browser.

5 Replies

redsgt
    Occasional Contributor

More information:

It seems to work on TestExecute running on a remote session, but not on my local machine using TestComplete.

• Hi Red,

We have analyzed the GridEX control (version 3.0.0.25), but could not find the Rows member within the DataSource property. In any case, we tried to reproduce such behavior on TestComplete 8 using other members, but failed. So, please check whether you posted the correct code snippet. Also, let me know the exact versions of the control and TestComplete on which the problem can be reproduced.
    redsgt
    Occasional Contributor

Test Complete 8.0.290.7

TestExecute 8.0.290.11

Janus GridEx 3.5.0.59

I'd also like to reiterate that it DOES work on the machine that has TestExecute, but NOT on the machine that uses TestComplete.  So it should not be a control problem.

redsgt
    Occasional Contributor
    This morning it inexplicably started working like it should.  I have no idea why.  I don't recall doing anything different or installing/uninstalling anything new.  I have rebooted a few times, so maybe that's it.

• Hi Red,

Ok, if you face this issue again, pack the folder containing your project suite and send us the archive, we will need to look into it.