Forum Discussion

steve_clarke
Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

Issues with Test Complete running against software compiled with Delphi Berlin 10.1 update 2

Hi,

Has anyone come across issues running Test Complete against software compiled with Delphi Berlin 10.1 update 2, at all?

I have been using Test Complete, for a few years now, against various versions of (software compiled in) Embarcadero's Delphi.

One or two minor issues apart, Test Complete has worked well.

However, since our developers upgraded to 10.1 update 2, things have taken a turn for the worse.

All the automated tests fall over, at virtually the first hurdle, or just after, i.e. opening the executable to be tested.

Always with the same error, namely that the executable's process has crashed.

If I run the same Text Complete test(s) against versions of the software compiled in Berlin 10.1 (prior to update 2), no issues at all.

So, if anyone else has seen this and managed to get around it, I'd be grateful for a pointer or two.

Many thanks.

Steve.

steve_clarke
    8 years ago

Hi,

I have now upgraded to TestComplete 12.20 and also received the patch, for the issue, that goes with the new version.

This has been applied and tested and works fine.

I did query the support if a patch would be required for every new version from now on, but they informed me that the

patch will be applied in version 12.30...nice :-)

Just need TC to work with Delphi 'Styles' now and everything will be hunky dory!

Cheers,

Steve.

20 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

My gut reaction says, "I'm not surprised". The help files for TestComplete 12.10 only mentioned Delphi Berlin 10.1 without any mention of update versions, etc. If enough has been done for application compilation with this latest update, it's entirely likely that it will break.

Verify: What version of TestComplete are you using?

steve_clarke
      Contributor

Hi,

I am using version 12.10 602.7.

I agree, to a point with your "gut reaction", however, this is the first time that Test Complete as failed to work (at such a rudimentary stage of a test) following an upgrade package to Delphi.

We have, over the last few years, moved from Delphi 2007 to XE, to Seattle and finally Berlin. Yet, only in the upgrade from 10.1 to 10.1 release 2 has this issue occurred.

Cheers,

Steve.

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

Can you share the details of what exactly is failing in your automation code? What line of code, command, etc., are you attempting to do when the AUT bombs out?