Forum Discussion

sameerjade
Frequent Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

Issues when closing my application using test script

I am trying to close my application at the end of the test and running into some issues:

Issue#1

TestedApps.MyApplication.Close();

This is not closing my application. It seems to not do anything.

Issue#2 (Sys.WaitProcess("MyApplication").Exists seems to not give expected results)

Because of issue#1, I changed that line. Using object spy, I got the alias name of the main application window and I applied to it the close method. This is closing the application as expected. After closing the application, I want to confirm that the application is closed, so I use sys.waitprocess("myapplication").exists but this is where the issue is. It closes the application, then at the step p.Exists, it returns True but I am expecting a False since the application is closed. I ran the script and noted that the application closes, but for some reason sys.waitprocess still thinks that the application exists. I even checked my task manager and confirmed that the application was not present there.

Aliases.MyApplication.MainWindow.Close();
aqUtils.Delay(1000);
var p = Sys.WaitProcess("MyApplication");
if(p.Exists){
Log.Message("My application did not close. Trying to close the application using taskkill command.")
}
else{
Log.Message("Success: My application is now closed.")
return;
}

Issue#3

While investigating the above issue, I checked my Event Viewer and I see an error which is pointing to "C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll" which is the Universal C Runtime in Windows

Error log:

Faulting application name: MyApplication.exe, version: 2.6.0.15350, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.17763.404, time stamp: 0x490b0aeb
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x000000000006e91e
Faulting process id: 0x4704
Faulting application start time: 0x01d52baa39f508c6
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\........\MyApplication.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
Report Id: 24cd6551-a43e-4e97-8e18-758f7a52723c
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I read online about this error and found some answer:

https://superuser.com/questions/1397010/application-crash-due-to-ucrtbase-dll?rq=1

Maybe these issues are unrelated but I am not sure.

Thank you any suggestions!!

2 Replies