Forum Discussion

Irvingoliveira
Occasional Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Is there any way to set a different rdp port on the testcomplete call in jenkinsfile?

Hello, everybody!

I actually have a machine that is configured as a jenkins slave to run desktop tests. The problem is that this machine is from a supplier, and they use as standard the port 50491 for rdp. So, when I try to use that machine to run tests, I'm getting the error Test runner exit code: -10 (Unable to create a user session).

Can the different port be the cause of this error? If yes, is there any way to set a different rdp port on the testcomplete call in jenkinsfile?

Thanks a lot!

sonya_m
    4 years ago

Irvingoliveira thank you for sharing this workaround!

I would recommend contacting the support team at this point for a deeper investigation.

5 Replies

tphillips
    Frequent Contributor

I don't know a lot about TestComplete and Jenkins, but I will try to help out.

Which method of integration are you using with TestComplete and Jenkins?

Is the issue only with TestComplete, or is it the way Jenkins connects to the slave? How is Jenkins connecting to the slave node?

Irvingoliveira
      Occasional Contributor

Hello, tphillips!

I am using the Testcomplete support plugin. The jenkins agent is installed as a service on slave. The jenkins is connecting on the machine normally. The problem is when the testecomplete (testexecute) tries to start.

Irvingoliveira
        Occasional Contributor

Just one more information: I created another user in this machine, then, i oppened this new user and I connected it in the test user by rdp loopback (127.0.0.2:50491). So, I closed my rdp connection tool. Basically, I forced the interactive session to be always opened. This way the test works. But, it performance is horrible. 

Savannaa
    Occasional Visitor

Double-click the .rdp file to start a Remote Desktop Connection session. After that, you can resize the Remote Desktop window as you wish, at that, the window will show the entire remote desktop. So, you can make the Remote Desktop window smaller and you will be able to control your test remotely. See Also. Running Tests via Remote DesktopIf you want Jenkins to use a static port, go to "Manage Jenkins" > "Configure Global Security" and choose the port number in the "TCP port for JNLP agents" box.

acesetm