Forum Discussion

jinithlal
Contributor
13 years ago

Interface Not Supported Error

Hi

I am getting this error ( "Interface Not Supported" ) while I execute test for a long time, say 4-5 hours continuously.

The error is happening at random locations in the same script for different runs.

All the sub-routines I have is executed in loops. The error is happening at some line which was already executed successfully in the previous run of the looping statement.

I also get an error message box from Test Complete says "Not enough memory to execute this command" some times along with this

Please help

Thank you

Jinith

10 Replies

scsvel
    Frequent Contributor
    Ya.. Myself also faced the problem. This may be because of exceeding memory to some level. Just watch the application and TC memory from scripts and re-launch the app and continue the case. This is what I have done to manage.

Also don't forgot to nullify the created objects while exiting each case.

Thanks...
  • Thank you,

But I am getting memory usage of TC is about 894,640 K.

Is it because of the script's objects?

Regards

Jinith
    HKosova
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Jinithlal,

The errors can be caused by test results' occupying a large amount of memory during the test run. To resolve the issue, try this:

1. Disable Test Visualizer. To do this, uncheck the Tools > Current Project Properties > Visualizer > Use Test Visualizer during test run option.

2. Disable reporting of events to the test log. To do this, set the Tools > Current Project Properties > Playback > Store last _ events option to a non-zero value, say, 5. You can read more about this option here.

3. Split your test into multiple test items. In this case, TestComplete flushes the test log to the disk at the end of each test item, which results in consuming less memory during the test run.

Let me know if these suggestions help.
  • Hi Helen,

I did the 1 and 2 steps as you suggested but still getting the same error.

EOleException.

Interface not supported

I am now planning to split my project

thank you for helping

regards

Jinith
    HKosova
    Hi Jinithlal,

What version of TestComplete are you using? If it's not the latest version (8.70), please upgrade and see if that solves the problem.

If you're getting this error using the latest TestComplete version, please follow the steps below to collect troubleshooting information that will help us track down the problem:

1. Download AQtime Standard, which is our free profiling tool, from our web site:

http://downloads.smartbear.com/AQtimeStdx86.exe

2. Install AQtime.

3. Start AQtime with the -NotOpenApp command-line argument. For example, you can use the following command line:

"C:\Program Files\SmartBear\AQtime 7\Bin\AQtime.exe" -NotOpenApp

4. From AQtime's main menu, select File | New Project From Module....

5. In the Open File dialog, select the TestComplete.exe file and click Open.

6. Take a look at the AQtime toolbar - there is a combo box with a list of profilers. Open it and select Tracing | Exception Trace Profiler.

7. Select the Options | Options... main menu command. The Options dialog will appear.

8. Select the Profiling Time | Event View | General category.

9. Under the Debug Events group, select the Generate dump on exception check box and specify the Dump folder.

10. Under the Exceptions group, set Depth shown to 100. Close the Options dialog.

11. Click the Run toolbar button (the green arrow) or press F5 to start the profiling.

AQtime will start TestComplete and trace all errors that will occur in TestComplete until it's closed.

12. Reproduce the problem in TestComplete (for example, run your test until the error occurs).

13. After the problem occurs, right-click somewhere within the Event View panel (it is opened by default at the bottom of AQtime's window) and select Save All....

14. Save the panel's contents to an HTML file.

15. Open a support ticket and send our Support Team the generated HTML file and the dump (.dmp) files from the Dump folder.

Thanks in advance.
  • Hello,

I'm also experiencing 'Interface Not Supported'  afer upgrade to latest version of TestComplete 9.2 from 9.1. However, steps for reproduce this error message are bit different than what was mentioned in this thread.

I’ve started noticing this error message : 1 Upgrade to TestComplete 9.2 from earlier 9.1, 2. Task I wanted to do is optimize test scripts steps which were created  in earlier version of TestComplete (mostly created suing TestComplete 8.2 and above version).

Operations which I very frequently perform during test scripts modification are adding/removing comment line among test scripts lines through keyword delete/backspace key, also debugging operation or inputting keys like ‘/’, ‘”’’ leading to ‘interface not supported’. 

One key observation is- looks like the error message crops up when  I try to edit test script file having more lines of code ( approximately 500 line and above). Further I have observed that  memory usage pattern at this situation , appears TestComplete process consuming lots of  memory, around .3 mb.

At certain point  it had allowed me to close this error message altho it is a model dialog, however, most of the other time/situation the only option is to kill the TestComplete and re-launch, which is very time consuming .

Please help

Thanks in advance

Mallikajrun

TanyaYatskovska

Hi Mallikarjun,

If this problem started appearing only in TestComplete 9.20, it looks like this is an issue. Could you please contact our Support team for investigation?

• Hi Shanmugavel C,

I was also looking to nullify the created objects as well.

Can you give an example how do you do this, as you mentioned in your post above?

Thanks,
    Shrirang
  • This message appeared to me when I was debugging my code (TC 9.20). I do not know the reason, but when I updated to version 10 TestComplete, stopped showing up for me.