Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing TestComplete 14 - Completely offline

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Installing TestComplete 14 - Completely offline

Hey community,

I'm trying to install TestComplete 14 on an isolated system which has absolutely NO access to the internet. Nonetheless, the procedure that SmartBear placed is to either use the .c2v/.v2c files to activate the license (internet needed) or install the license manager (internet needed). The product key is in fact available, but being able to activate it without an internet connection currently seems impossible.

Has anyone encountered a fix to this?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Hero

You need the internet for the two files only for the exchanging between SmartBear and local.  You can create the files and such on one machine, copy them to the new machine, and implement the license.

Robert Martin
[Hall of Fame]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Vegas Thrill Rider
Extensions available

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Hero

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/licensing/license-manager.html

The instructions say "network access" rather than "internet access"  to the license manager.  We run ours with network access and it works fine.  That being said, if this is the only machine you are using for TestComplete, you could just install the license manager on the same machine.  

Highlighted
Community Hero

You need the internet for the two files only for the exchanging between SmartBear and local.  You can create the files and such on one machine, copy them to the new machine, and implement the license.

Robert Martin
[Hall of Fame]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Vegas Thrill Rider
Extensions available

View solution in original post

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Join TechCorner Challenge!
Want a fun and easy way to learn TestComplete? Try solving weekly TechCorner challenges and get into the Leaderboard!

Challenge Status

Get properties of a web page element

Participate!

Compare images using the Region Checkpoint

See replies!

Compare HTML table with Excel file and correct data in Excel file

Participate!

How to execute remote test and obtain results via Test Runner REST API

Participate!
Top Kudoed Authors