Forum Discussion

yurik
Contributor
8 years ago

Inspect Popup Window with Object Spy

Hi ,

I'm trying to inspect properties of a Popup Window, but as soon as I click anywhere outside this window it disappears.

So I can get the properties of the current element I capture with the Object Spy, but I cannot see the properties of its parent or child (because the window has already closed at this point). Is there any way of accessing parent or child properties of a popup window in TC using  Object Spy or any other ?

Thanks!

Yuri

9 Replies

Janis
    Occasional Contributor

Hello,

Did you try to capture popup using Point and fix feature of the Object Spy (Shift+Ctrl+A combination)?

yurik
      Contributor

Janis,

Thank you for your reply. I've posted another message yesterday, but it doesn't show for some reason.

The problem I'm facing is that I can inspect properties of an element on the popup window and see them in Object Spy using "point and fix", but if I want to delve into a property (parent or other) I need to click on it in the Object Spy. As soon as I do this the popup window disappears and the properties become inaccessible. Is there a way to delve into these properties?

Another issue that I'm seeing is that when I map an element of the popup window some of the properties come up as Error "The object invoked has disconnected from its clients". I think it is a part of the same problem: popup disappears and some objects cannot be reached anymore. Is there a way around it?

Thanks!

Yuri

djadhav
        Regular Contributor

Janis, let's look at this another way. It seems you are able to view the properties of the pop up object but having challenges doing anything with the object spy since the pop up closes when you click the object spy.

What exactly are you trying to do for which you need to access the properties of the pop up object? What is your end goal?

• Hi Yuri,

It would be difficult to see obj hierarchy in this case.

You can try extending your screen and using Firebug or Chrome Inspector keeping it on the extended screen.

I am not sure but it might help.

Regards 

Osaid

yurik
      Contributor

Hi Osaid,

It doesn't help, as any click outside the popup window closes it down and therefore all the properties become inaccessible. I suppose what I want is not possible in TC (not sure it is possible at all)

Thanks!

Yuri