cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initialization script extension

SOLVED
Super Contributor

Initialization script extension

I am reading the help on creating script extensions.... but I don't "get it". I have a handful of extensions that I am considering. But I want to get my hands dirty writing one before I decide the merit. Does anyone have reference to a simple tutorial for pretty much any extension? It is likely easier than I am getting right now, because I clearly remember doing in in the past.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: Initialization script extension

Hi,

Robert, if the session was recorded, it should be here:

https://smartbear.com/learn/smartbear-connect/

Carson, thanks for the link to the tutorial. It's great indeed. @vthomeschoolmom, I suggest that you go through it. Also, you can find some examples in the TestComplete installation folder. In my case, here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestComplete 14\Bin\Extensions\ScriptExtensions\

---------
Tanya Gorbunova
SmartBear Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others.↓↓↓↓↓
4 REPLIES 4
Community Hero

There is a lot of good information in the documentation:

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/working-with/extending/script/index.html

Thanks,
Carson

Click the Accept as Solution button if my answer has helped
Community Hero

I had given a quick tutorial at the last Connect conference up in Boston....and there was a brief recap of it done after the fact.  @TanyaGorbunova ... do you have any available links to those videos?

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available
Community Manager

Hi,

Robert, if the session was recorded, it should be here:

https://smartbear.com/learn/smartbear-connect/

Carson, thanks for the link to the tutorial. It's great indeed. @vthomeschoolmom, I suggest that you go through it. Also, you can find some examples in the TestComplete installation folder. In my case, here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestComplete 14\Bin\Extensions\ScriptExtensions\

---------
Tanya Gorbunova
SmartBear Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others.↓↓↓↓↓
Super Contributor

Thank you all!

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
6 / 7 API Testing Mistakes Video
Top Kudoed Authors