Forum Discussion

Lyna
Occasional Contributor
15 years ago

Index Recording Issues

Hi,

I have a problem since a few days. I noticed that when i record a test with the tool "Record Keyword Test" in TestComplete, he make some mistakes with index in my menu.

For example, I have a main menu, when I click on File and then on the first item he returns me that I clicked the item of index [0][0]. I agree ! 

But when I clicked on the fourth item, the index came back to zero, i mean that the test tells me that i clicked on item [0][0]... And then it doesn't even count the separator in the index...

When I execute my test, that creates some problem because during the execution TestComplete use the good index....

I can't see why everything is ok during the execution (with using index of my menu) and not during the recording...

4 Replies

Lyna
    Occasional Contributor
    No one never had these problem ? Do you think it comes from my application ?
  • Hi Ell,

This can be caused by the fact that the control does not process some standard Windows messages properly. I would really appreciate it if you sent me a simple application containing the problematic control (not the application you are testing). If you cannot do this, please answer the following questions so I can help you:

1. What is the value of the control's WndClass property (you can check it using the Object Browser)? If the control is a .NET control, please tell me the value of its ClrFullClassName property.

2. What is the name of the component used to implement the control?

3. What language and IDE were used to create the application?

Also, if the control is not a standard one, let me know its vendor and version.

Thanks in advance.

Lyna
    Occasional Contributor

Hi, 

I can't send you a simple application with the same problem because i'm working in BlackBox mode so i really don't from where does the problem comes...

I can't find the value of WnDClass Property, there is no property like that in my MainMenu control, maybe you were talking about and other component ?

The name of the component is a MainMenu, more precisely in the section of Delphi's propertes, the ClassName is TMainMenu, same thing for VCLClass.

The language use to create the application is Delphi, IDE i'm not sure, i'll try to ask the developper.

Thanks for your help.

• Hi Ell,

OK, it looks like you're using the standard control shipped with the IDE. Please clarify the IDE version, and we will try to reproduce the problem on our side.