cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect OS Info from Sys.OSInfo property TC 9.0.1069.7 on Win10 x64 system

Frequent Visitor

Incorrect OS Info from Sys.OSInfo property TC 9.0.1069.7 on Win10 x64 system

Hi, I am using TestComplete 9 and I am getting incorrect values about the operating system in Sys.OSInfo object.

The object is returning below values:

FullName : Microsoft Windows 8 Business, 64-bit

Version : 6.2 Build 9200

Windows64bit : True

Actual Values of the OS:

Full Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Version: 10.0.17134 N/A Build 17134

Could some one please let us know if this is a know issue and if there is any resolution for this.

Thanks,

Yusuf Malak

3 REPLIES
Community Hero

Re: Incorrect OS Info from Sys.OSInfo property TC 9.0.1069.7 on Win10 x64 system

Hi Yusuf,

For the official reply I would recommend to ask Support directly via the https://support.smartbear.com/message/?prod=TestComplete form.

However, TC 9 is very outdated version and I am pretty sure that even if this appears to be a problem, it won't be corrected.

Regards,
Alex
[Community Expert Group]
____
[Community Expert Group] members are not employed by SmartBear Software but
are just volunteers who have some experience with the tools by SmartBear Software
and a desire to help others. Postings made by [Community Expert Group] members
may differ from the official policies of SmartBear Software and should be treated
as the own private opinion of their authors and under no circumstances as an
official answer from SmartBear Software.
[Community Expert Group] signature is used with permission by SmartBear Software.
http://smartbear.com/forums/f83/t86934/community-experts/
================================
Community Hero

Re: Incorrect OS Info from Sys.OSInfo property TC 9.0.1069.7 on Win10 x64 system

I don't recall 100% when exactly Windows 10 support was added to TestComplete but I'm pretty certain it was after TestComplete 9.  What you are probably experiencing is TestComplete 9 not being coded to understand an OS later than Windows 8.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

I’ll be talking about “Hidden Treasures – TestComplete Script Extensions” at #SBConnect in October! Who’s joining me? Click here for tickets
Extensions available
Contributor

For an instant solution, Try using WMI Object to read the System Info. 

With Regards
Valla
http://vallatestcomplete.wordpress.com
Share Your Stories
Read Latest News
Top Kudoed Authors