Three people are working in automation of one project. nearly 150 test cases has been automated.
We are trying to execute all test cases. every time different report is coming. In first execution some test cases are getting passed again if i run second time they are getting failed.
How to slove this can anyone help me on this?
If i run in my system one result is coming and if i run in another system one report is coming.
Checked namemapping file everything is correct. Till now we didn't get all test cases passed result.
Can anyone help me to get consistent result.
Thanks in Advance
What are they failing for? What are the error messages, we can't help if you don't provide specific information.
Thanks for the reply.
Following are the reasons for failing most of the test cases:
1. Object is present in the screen still not able to identify with object.
2. There was an attempt to perform an action on a zero-sized window.
3. TestComplete Chrome Extension Is Not Installed or Is Disabled error we got but next test cases are executed.
4. Unable to evaluate the operation's "Text" parameter. Error: One or more arguments are out of range
5. Sometimes click function is not happening(Indiviually if we run the test case working fine but all together if we run getting failed)
All except #3 sound like object identification or timing issues, but we would still need more specific details about the fails; logs, screenshots of your namemapping, object browser, code examples etc..
#3 I believe is a bug with test complete, we see that sometimes as well, your best bet for this would be to open a support ticket with SmartBear directly.
As @cunderw mentioned, everything but #3 are probably timing issues. And they could be any number of reasons why the timing issues. Generally speaking, you'll need to examine each fail point and determine what wait actions need to be put in place in order properly determine the appropriate time to execute the next step. Sometimes it's waiting for a component on screen to appear, sometimes it's waiting for a component to be enabled. Each point is a different potential solution. For us to help, we'd need a lot more details and we'd need to approach each specific scenario individually as they all may have different solutions to put in place.
Howevre, to sum up, it's all about timing. You click on something... something needs to load before the automation can proceed. You need to make the automation "smart" enough to detect those.
Thanks for the reply.
We kept waitaliaschild for waiting up to element should click.
can you help me any other way to wait for the element to be clickable?
Object of button:
Object of Row:
After Navigating to page waiting for DueAllCountInOwnQUeue button with wait time 60 sec.
After clicking on Button waitinig for load EpisodeIdInQueueGrid with wait time 60 sec.
After loading selecting EpisodeIdInQueueGrid row.
sometimes button click is failing and sometimes selecting row is failing.
We gave 60 sec wait time there is no chance to get after 60 sec.
am i missing anything here? Kindly Help me.
After you wait for the object, do you detect whether or not it found it? WaitAliasChild returns one of two things when it complete, either the object you were looking for or an "empty" object with Exists property = false.
Also, keep in mind that the problem may not be with the end object in your Alias tree but some other object in the hierarchy. Again, actual log file screenshots showing the exact error message with the Additional Info tab is useful and screenshots of keyword test steps or copy/paste of script code so we can see what you've attempted to implement.
Just wanted to make sure if the issue is resolved. Please share your solution with us.
I tried it. I used Dynamic and static delays. (After using, problem got reduced but not completely fixed)
Still We are not getting constant execution report if we run in bulk.