Forum Discussion

nakshatra
Contributor
5 years ago

Inconsistent test case execution result

Hi All,

Three people are working in automation of one project. nearly 150 test cases has been automated.

We are trying to execute all test cases. every time different report is coming. In first execution some test cases are getting passed again if i run second time they are getting failed. 

How to slove this can anyone help me on this?

and

If i run in my system one result is coming and if i run in another system one report is coming.

Checked namemapping file everything is correct. Till now we didn't get all test cases passed result.

Can anyone help me to get consistent result.

Thanks in Advance

11 Replies

cunderw
    Community Hero

What are they failing for? What are the error messages, we can't help if you don't provide specific information.

nakshatra
      Contributor

Thanks for the reply.

Following are the reasons for failing most of the test cases:

1. Object is present in the screen still not able to identify with object.

2. There was an attempt to perform an action on a zero-sized window.

3. TestComplete Chrome Extension Is Not Installed or Is Disabled error we got but next test cases are  executed.

4. Unable to evaluate the operation's "Text" parameter. Error: One or more arguments are out of range

5. Sometimes click function is not happening(Indiviually if we run the test case working fine but all together if we run getting failed)

Regards,

Nakshatra.

cunderw
        Community Hero

All except #3 sound like object identification or timing issues, but we would still need more specific details about the fails; logs, screenshots of your namemapping, object browser, code examples etc..

#3 I believe is a bug with test complete, we see that sometimes as well, your best bet for this would be to open a support ticket with SmartBear directly.

• What does "running in bulk" mean? Does it mean that a set of tests which, when run by themselves, will fail when run as part of the TestItems collection of the project?