Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm back - and a question

SOLVED
tristaanogre
Community Hero

I'm back - and a question

Sorry to leave a bunch of threads and conversations hanging last week.  I had some unexpected family business to attend to that kept me away for a few days.

In the meantime, I'm looking into upgrading my systems here from 12.50 to 12.60.  There was a bit of a change from 12.4x to 12.50 concerning NameMapping and such and I want to make sure there's nothing in the way of file conversions that I need to worry about with 12.60 before I do so (again... been out for a bit so haven't had the opportunity to test that part out).

TIA!

Robert Martin
[Hall of Fame]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Vegas Thrill Rider
Extensions available
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cunderw
Community Hero

Re: I'm back - and a question

We just upgraded ours and so far I haven't seen any changes like that. Things have been running very smoothly. 

Thanks,
Carson

Click the Accept as Solution button if my answer has helped

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
cunderw
Community Hero

We just upgraded ours and so far I haven't seen any changes like that. Things have been running very smoothly. 

Thanks,
Carson

Click the Accept as Solution button if my answer has helped

View solution in original post

AlexKaras
Community Hero

Hi Robert,

Same here - I did not met any conversion problem so far.

What I have met are Windows updates - they seem to silently turn on background execution of Edge (and, maybe, something else) that caused problems in TestComplete 12.60 when Object Browser analyses running processes.

I did not have any problem with TC 12.60 Beta, so my opinion that this is due to Windows updates but not due to TC itself.

Regards,
  /Alex [Community Hero]
____
[Community Heroes] are not employed by SmartBear Software but
are just volunteers who have some experience with the tools by SmartBear Software
and a desire to help others. Posts made by [Community Heroes]
may differ from the official policies of SmartBear Software and should be treated
as the own private opinion of their authors and under no circumstances as an
official answer from SmartBear Software.
The [Community Hero] signature is used with permission by SmartBear Software.
https://community.smartbear.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/hall-of-fame
================================
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements