Forum Discussion

socaltester
Contributor
6 years ago

Hudson Integration with TestComplete 12.5

Has anyone had success integrating TestComplete 12.5 and Hudson? Will the Jenkins plug-in work with Hudson since it is a fork of Jenkins? 

FYI. I searched the site for recent answers to this without much success. Yes, I know "TC can be managed via the command line or COM, it can be used as part of the continuous integration solutions without problems."

EDIT: Our CI has been migrated away from Hudson and to Jenkins, but their Confluence page hadn't been updated when I conducted my research this morning. My apologies.

3 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

As far as I know, there's no direct integration with Hudson.  I would approach using the Jenkins plug-in with caution as, while they may be similar, there may be enough differences that it doesn't work well.

socaltester
      Contributor

Good news! I found out that our CI has migrated from Hudson to Jenkins and hadn't updated their Confluence page to reflect the change.  So, it looks like the Jenkins plug-in is a possibility; however, it would seem that it requires a Windows slave agent, so that might be our technical and even political blocker.

• Jenkins plugin from SmartBear has a pretty good quality. Good selection of user setable parameters and automated functionality.

But yes, Jenkins client needs to run on DUT.