Forum Discussion

shail2812
Occasional Contributor
14 years ago

How to set value in a dropdown in .NET application

I am trying to select a value from a drop down in a .NET application.TestComplete is recognizing the dropdown, but is not recognizing the list which opens up when i click the dropdown.could you please suggest me the following:

1. how to select a particular item in the list when i click the dropdown?

the script for the dropdown and the selection of item in the list is given below:

Call Aliases.Everest.TradeWorkflowActivityForm_Bond.spcMainSplitContainer.SplitGroupPanel.tbcTopTabControl.xtpFrameSections.layTopPanel.LTDDynamicUsageSection.LTDTableLayoutPanel.LTDLabeledControl2.TradeTransactionTypeID.Click(137, 13)

.Everest.TradeWorkflowActivityForm_Bond.spcMainSplitContainer.SplitGroupPanel.tbcTopTabControl.xtpFrameSections.layTopPanel.LTDDynamicUsageSection.LTDTableLayoutPanel.LTDLabeledControl2.TradeTransactionTypeID.Click(137, 13)

Call Aliases.Everest.PopupLookUpEditForm.Click(28, 30)

3 Replies

• Hi,

It seems that the control you are testing is not supported. Please let me know the control's version, vendor, and the value of the 'ClrFullClassName' property. At the moment, I suggest that you try adding the 'WindowsForms*' class to the list of accepted windows and re-record a part of the script interacting with the control. You can find this list in the 'Open Applications | MSAA' section of the project properties page.
    shail2812
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi, here are the details you asked for:

'ClrFullClassName' property value =BMS.LTD.Presentation.WinForm.Controls.LTDFindByTypeLookUpEdit

Vendor = Black Mountain Systems

control's version = 3.2.1.8979

3rd party control : DevExpress

devexpress version : Version 9.3.4

could you please look into it ASAP. I am approaching the deadline.

• Hi,

Did you try my suggestion to add the 'WindowsForms*' class to the list of accepted windows to be exposed via MSAA? Did you re-record the code interacting with the control after that? Let me see the code that was generated.

However, if this suggestion does not help, you need to use native properties and methods of the control to interact with its internal objects. This means that you need to manually write script code. If you provide us with a sample application containing the control, we'll try creating sample code demonstrating how to set a value in the drop-down list.