Forum Discussion

asmatullah
Contributor
11 years ago

How to run Project multiple times in a project suite

How to run Project multiple times in a project suite . I want to run one project multiple times in a project suite . Can it be done through scripting .

4 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor
    Within a particular project suite, each project is only executed once when you execute the suite.  So, the initial answer to your question is no.

However, each project can have test items that can be run multiple times.  You can have two test items in a project that would execute the same KeywordTest or Script routine but with different parameters.  By manipulating Test items within a project you could, effectively, execute the entirety of a project twice.  Now, you can't necessarily "mix it up" where you would have project 1 followed by project 2 followed by project 1 again.

Finally, you can use command line syntax to execute individual projects in a particular order.  What you could do is create a batch file consisting of several command lines, each one would be the execution command for a project.  You could, then, execute individual projects in whichever order you need to and even execute them as many times as you want to.

Hope this helps.
  • Hi Robert ,

Thanks for the solutions , 

I want to know how to give parameter to TestComplete in batch file .

Is it possible to do so ? 

I want to test application in two language .

So I have parameterized the test items and scripts .

Now i need to call the project and give parameter to test it in different language .

Any thought for this scenario is welcome .

Thanks in Advance !