Forum Discussion

meenakshiyadav1
Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

How to implement complex logical scenario in a keyword driven automation framework

I have implemented Keyword driven framework for my project in which I have written functions for different actions that are being performed on the aplication e.g. Click, Input etc. I am Passing the objects alias name and keyword name through an excel sheet. A driver script is written to extract this data from Excel using DDT driver.So for every step of testcase I pass object's alias name and keyword to the driver script.

Now I need to create a test case in which I need to split a string and extract a number out of that, at one page and reapeat the same process on two other pages and after that compare results. I am not able to understand how should I implement it.Can someone please guide me.

How should I implement this scenarios in my framework. How can I store data extracted on each page and then perform calculation at the end.

Please give a sample code if possible.

• Two suggestions:

1) Investigate using Project or Project Suite variables to store the values globally so that you can then access them in subsequent test steps.

2) If you'd prefer a more direct "code" solution, consider making a Script Extension Run Time Object that has properties that you can read from and write to that will be available between test steps/scenarios.

6 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Two suggestions:

1) Investigate using Project or Project Suite variables to store the values globally so that you can then access them in subsequent test steps.

2) If you'd prefer a more direct "code" solution, consider making a Script Extension Run Time Object that has properties that you can read from and write to that will be available between test steps/scenarios.

meenakshiyadav1
      Contributor

Thanks for your reply TanyaYatskovska. The link posted by tristaanogre take me to a repository..I am not able to download anything from there and I am not sure I can I take benefit from that.

I have done Iinitial setup of a keyword driven framework  and it is working for me for automating simple actions on my AUT. I need guidance on handling complex scenarios, I am not sure how to take output from one step and utilize that in another step to perform calculation and camparison etc.