Forum Discussion

VivienZ
New Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

How to ignore some enabled test items and go to a specific item directly when running

When it runs to a step and failed, I  need to jump to a specific item instead of continue running the next item.

For instance,

• Hi,

No, there is no way to implement this using native Test Items setup functionality in TestComplete.

You should implement custom logic to make a decision in test code during runtime whether or not this given test item should be executed. (As an example, in the OnLogError() event handling procedure you may store a name of the failed test item in some project variable and analyze this value in the test code of subsequent test items.)

2 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

No, there is no way to implement this using native Test Items setup functionality in TestComplete.

You should implement custom logic to make a decision in test code during runtime whether or not this given test item should be executed. (As an example, in the OnLogError() event handling procedure you may store a name of the failed test item in some project variable and analyze this value in the test code of subsequent test items.)

VivienZ
      New Contributor

alright, I understand, thank you Alex very much, I try to find another way to achieve my goal, thank you again.