Forum Discussion

krkarthik_info
Frequent Contributor
6 years ago

How to get the code coverage of the AUT when running the test scripts from TestComplete

Hi All,

Good Day!

I have developed a testcomplete project and written test scripts to test my .NET application. I have around 200 test items. During test execution, each test item will launch the application and perform other steps as mentioned and finally close the application.

Currently my scenario is, I would like to know how much of the code has been covered of my AUT on running my 200 test items?

Anyone suggest me how to get this?

I have come across AQTime. But as I understand, we need to have tested apps item in the project to launch the application in the profile mode and it will only capture data until the application gets closed.

But in my situation, each test items initially launches the application and then close the application in the end. Also I am not using Testedapps item in my project to launch the application.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Karthik K R

1 Reply

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

Yes, I hope that AQTime is an option that should work.

-- Profiling results from separate profiling sessions can be merged (https://support.smartbear.com/aqtime/docs/profiling-with/results/merge-results.html);

-- Why not to use TestedApps? If, for some reason, you really don't want to use them, you may consider to start AQTime from TestComplete test code via command line (https://support.smartbear.com/aqtime/docs/working-with/automating/command-line-and-exit-codes/command-line.html), wait in TestComplete until the tested application is started and drive it;

-- Just wondering, isn't it too expensive to wait for the .Net application to start and close for every test? If the tested application is stable enough it might be more performant not to close it after each and every test.

(Yes, I know the concept of 'clean known state', but I think that this is more relevant for the integration type of testing, while for the end-to end tests type (this is where TestComplete stands out) repeated restarts might be not the best idea because real end-users do not restart applications frequently.)