Forum Discussion

KP13
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

How to export the test results to a PDF through script

Hi,

Can anyone please guide me  with a sample script to export the test result to a PDF file in TestComplete. I know the manual process to do so, suggested in https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/testing-with/log/working-with/exporting/to-pdf.html, but I want to do that through scripting.

Thank you

KP13
    6 years ago

Hi  

Thanks for your suggestion.

While exporting the logs to a PDF file manually, it's looking nice to me. I was looking for a single file. But as it is not possible to get PDF through scripting, I will export the test logs to a .MHT file.

11 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi KP13,

I agree with Marsha, at the moment, there is no built-in feature to export a PDF file from script. Only manual exporting is possible. Are there any specific requirements for exporting to PDF? TestComplete provides an easy export of test logs to an MHT file. In this case, all information will be stored in one file and it's easy to share it.

KP13
        Occasional Contributor

Hi  

Thanks for your suggestion.

While exporting the logs to a PDF file manually, it's looking nice to me. I was looking for a single file. But as it is not possible to get PDF through scripting, I will export the test logs to a .MHT file.

KP13
      Occasional Contributor

Thanks .

Yes. Currently, we are using the similar type of Python script to save the TestComplete report as a html file.