Forum Discussion

abinash11
Occasional Contributor
7 years ago

How to export test results to Excel

Currently it's possible to export the test results from Testcomplete to MHT format and to it's own format. Is there some easy way to export to excel ? Again, such a basic functionality that you would expect from a standard tool and testcomplete doesn't seem to be providing it directly. Are there any third party tools that can used to do this export to Excel ?

3 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Not natively, no... but it is a good suggestion.  There is a feature request area of this community where you can post these suggestions.

What many others have done to do what you're asking is leveraged the Excel.Application object and built their own exports.  There are folks who have written custom HTML reporting in TestComplete (@Shankar_R is one) and I've used my own framework to write out basic results to SQL.  The tool is very powerful and very capable of doing a lot of stuff.  I'm pretty sure there is someone who has done what you're asking already and is probably willing to share their code with you.  That's the beauty of this community, really... lot's of code sharing going on.

abinash11
      Occasional Contributor

Thanks.. Code sharing etc. is fine with the community but this is such a basic feature expected out of a tool. If not Excel, at least a CSV format. Giving a HTML export is useless for 90% projects where you do some formatting once the results are completed. Smartbear is making many such simple things complex and forcing us to waste time in finding alternate solutions. That, after spending so much money for licensing.

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like something to take up with your sales representative.  Feel free to contact them. In the meantime, let us know how we can help.