Forum Discussion

mamatahegde
New Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

How to create Frame work and How to call all functions in one main?

We started using Test complete but not very clear on how to create a framework. Went through the Training materials available, but couldn’t understand. Could you please help us on below  questions:  ...
    4 years ago

1.1 How to design a framework.

This is a tough one and can't be fully explained in forum message, need a real worksop because depends a lot of you, your goal, your team, your business, ..

But in a quick guidance view, below my way of doing :

- Have technical object to manage things not related to business/TC (e.g. Services, Cmd, System, DB, ..).

- Have one object dedicated to one app;

- Build this object as OOP as you can

- Build it with at least 3 layers; base function not linked to business, base business function and complex business function.

- Think about useful properties (e.g. Performance or Functiunal exec mode, log level, base path, ..)

- Use documentation framework (i use jsdoc style comments and a tweaked jsdoc module of nodejs)

- Include self test in your object

2.2 Usage

Several techniques,  pseudo-class, closure, useunit, modules ...  depends again of multiples things.

Personnally i use a closure object method and 2 units (one for global keys mappings/variables, one for business object/methods). And the call from tests cases is made by //USEUNIT