Forum Discussion

Vertigo
New Contributor
9 years ago

How to control machines via TC?

Hello everyone! I'm new in TC and trying to figure out how to control physical and virtual machines via TC, especially restoration of them to "clean" state. Setup: first is physical machine with TC (like manager - job distributor), second machine is virtual machines host, third - physical machine. Main purpose - million times test installation of our software both on VMs and physical machines with various versions OSWindows. What I want to do and how I imagine that - on first machine I'm launching job with 100 cycles. That job asks VMs on second machine to restore to "clean" snapshot, where TC(or TestExecute?) already installed, and third machine same way. Then when restoring operation is complete, TC (job distributor) throw script to TC "slaves" to get new installer and execute it. And all of this 100 times like [restore OS - install execution - restore OS-...]

Maybe someone faced that problem. And what is the best way to doing that? What software to use, type of VM, remote restorers of physical machines?

Thanks!

2 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Vertigo,

Thanks for asking this interesting questions. @Community, do you mind sharing your test framework?

Vertigo
    New Contributor

Reformuration of question: what VM software(HyperV, VMWare, VirtualBox..) is most simpliest to use with TC?

Thanks!