Forum Discussion

GAutomation
Frequent Contributor
6 years ago

How to connect to IBM Data Base in test complete

Our frame work is Keyword drivn framework. we have 2 excels. I excel wtih OR and other keyword driven Excel we use our test script.

Some times the value which are paseed in excel changes depending on the accounts we use. we are thinking to connect the IBM data base from test complete and get the data to the keyword excel. 

Is this possible? if yes what should we do

7 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

You want to use TestComplete to connect to a database to put values into an Excel sheet?  Not sure I understand why.  There are too many steps in here, I'm sure.

What are you actually trying to accomplish with your testing.  Maybe we can find an easier way.

GAutomation
      Frequent Contributor

Marsha,

Right know what we do is we query the data base and find the accounts for our test data and manually add that in the keyword driven excel sheet under the value column. 

What we are trying to achieve instead of manully querying and putting the data. We like to  connet to our data base thru checkpoint and get the data and put those accounts (test data under value column in excel) while script is running.

Hope